Some Announcements from the Court & Bar:
- There are now 2 scanners in the A-level Bar library in the Circuit Court for attorney use to e-file.
- Attached to this email is list of books we may request to be included in the bar library. Please consider reviewing the list and forwarding titles you would like included: 2017.2.9 Conf of MD Ct
- The Circuit Court tentative Differentiated Case Management plans are now posted to the court website.
- The HCBA would like to thank our treasurer Donna Beard for her service and wonderful job she did. Donna is resigning as the HCBA treasurer to take employment in Baltimore County. Angela Diehl is now the new HCBA treasurer.
- With Donna’s departure, it leaves an opening on the HCBA Executive Committee. If you are interested, please contact HCBA President, Brian Young (email@example.com) by the end of September.
- The HCBA CLE, Public Outreach, Sponsorship, and Young Lawyers committees are seeking new members. If interested, please send an email to Brian Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cecil County Practitioners
This message is being sent at the request of Judge Bowman.
Please be advised that failure to file Pre-trial Statements 5 days prior to your Settlement Conference will result in sanctions.
Also, all parties are expected to be present. Any party that fails to appear, a Show Cause Order for Contempt will be issued.
This is for all Settlement Conferences scheduled before the Family Magistrate and/or a Judge
September 27, 2018 5:30 PM
September 27, 2018 8:30 PM
Baldwin’s Crab House
525 Pulaski Highway
Purchase Tickets Here: https://www.harcobar.org/paupress/cart/56444
Slate Campaign Fundraiser
The Member’s Monthly Luncheon is held on the first Tuesday of every month from 12-1pm at The Tower in Bel Air except for Holidays!
Come enjoy food and conversation with fellow HCBA Members!
October 2, 2018 12:00 PM
October 2, 2018 1:00 PM
29 S Main Street
Bel Air MD
New Admittee Ceremony
Evidence Update with Chief Judge Murphy & Happy Hour
Please join the Harford County Bar Association, CLE Committee and the Baltimore County Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee in hosting “Evidence Update With Chief Judge Murphy,” on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. in the Circuit Court for Harford County, Ceremonial Courtroom, 20 West Courtland Street, Bel Air, Maryland 21014.
HCBA Members: $10 per person
Non-HCBA or BCBA Members: $25 per person.
A Happy Hour at Main Street Tower will immediately follow. Appetizers and one free drink per attendee is sponsored in part by the Harford County Bar Association. Registration is REQUIRED.
November 14, 2018 5:30 PM
November 14, 2018 6:30 PM
Circuit Court for Harford County
20 West Courtland Street
Bel Air MD United States
Elizabeth H. Thompson, Esquire
Stark and Keenan, P.A.
Purchase tickets here: https://www.harcobar.org/paupress/cart/57494
HCBF Cocktails & Conversation
The Harford County Bar Foundation is excited to announce the 4th annual Cocktails & Conversation fundraiser with author Cristina Alger sponsored by Penguin Random House Publishers on Thursday, November 8th from 5-6:30pm. Please join us at One Eleven Main as we celebrate the release of The Banker’s Wife: A Novel. Tickets include 2 wine/beer/cocktail beverages, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and a copy of The Banker’s Wife. All proceeds will support low-income individuals seeking legal representation in Harford County. For more information, please contact the HCBF at (410) 836-0123. Ticket, sponsorship, and donation information available on reverse side.
November 8, 2018 5:00 PM
November 8, 2018 6:30 PM
One Eleven Main
111 S. Main Street
Bel Air MD